The SonicWALL® Email Security Virtual Appliance provides a hardened, performance-optimized virtual server for SonicWALL Email Security (also available as software, a hardware appliance or a subscription service). In the past, under the “one server, one application” model, administrators often underutilized hardware resources and spent considerable time on server management. SonicWALL Virtual Appliances significantly improve the efficiency and availability of resources and applications. To support larger deployments and scalability, administrators can use Split-Config Mode to deploy multiple virtual appliances within a single server or across multiple servers.
Features & Benefits:
• Reduces complexity by simplifying product selection, integration and ongoing support
• Virtualization leverages shared computing resources to optimize utilization, ease migration and reduce capital costs
• Lowers TCO by eliminating unnecessary hardware, service fees and hidden costs
• Secure, reliable and performance-optimized architecture
• Easily scales across multiple servers in distributed mid-enterprise environments
• Easily replicates for external customers using minimal incremental investment, ideal for managed service providers (MSPs)
• Increases ROI by running entire virtual environment on a single server, ideal for small- to mid-sized businesses (SMBs)
• Reduced capital costs due to less hardware, requiring less administration time per server, and increasing energy and efficiency
• Hardened SonicLinux OS
Virtual Appliance Specifications
|Hypervisor||ESXi™ and ESX™ (version 4.0 and newer)|
|Operating System Installed||Hardened SonicLinux|
|Allocated Memory||2 GB|
|Appliance Disk Size||80 GB|
SonicWALL Secure Upgrade Plus program
The SonicWALL Secure Upgrade Plus program recognizes the investments that customers have previously made and helps them maintain optimal security by letting them easily and affordably upgrade or trade-in their existing security appliances.
Customers who purchase the minimum set of subscription services and support when upgrading a SonicWALL product or trading-in from a competitive product can save up to 50% on the total annual cost of that solution, compared to the cost of buying the hardware separately plus one year of services. Subscriptions are now available in 2- and 3-year terms for maximum flexibility. Secure Upgrade Plus now also features more SonicWALL Network Security firewall products (including the popular new TZ 200 Series), as well as other specified SonicWALL product lines, including Continuous Data Protection (CDP), Secure Remote Access (SSL VPN) and Email Security (ES).
To qualify for Secure Upgrade Plus, the participant must be the legal Owner of the Eligible SonicWALL Product or Eligible Competitive Product listed below. In order to purchase the corresponding SonicWALL Replacement Product, the Eligible SonicWALL or Eligible Competitive Product must be (i) currently registered with the manufacturer, and (ii) listed in the Eligible Product Matrix below.
In all cases, both customers and resellers are advised to consult the Eligible Product Matrices for each product line prior to completing any purchase. End customer contact information must be provided at the time of registration regardless of which party (i.e., the end customer or reseller) is completing the registration process.
SonicWALL reserves the right to validate legal ownership (e.g., by requireing a receipt or invoice showing proof of ownership).
For purposes of Secure Upgrade Plus, the following definitions apply:
• Eligible SonicWALL Product means the SonicWALL product the Owner has agreed to replace and remove from service and is listed in the Eligible Product Matrix below.
• Eligible Competitive Product means the competitive manufacturer’s product that the Owner has agreed to replace and remove from service and is listed in the Eligible Product Matrix below.
• Replacement Product means (i) the SonicWALL appliance that replaces the Eligible Product, (ii) is listed in the Eligible Product Matrix below and (iii) is purchased through Secure Upgrade Plus.
• Owner means the person who has legal ownership of the Eligible SonicWALL or Eligible Competitive Product.
• Registration Date means the day the Owner registers the Replacement Product with a valid account on www.MySonicWALL.com.