You're currently on:
With network bandwidth requirements doubling every 18 months and increases in sophisticated cyber threats, enterprise organizations with large branch offices know they need high-speed network security that also delivers highly effective next generation security.
5 Times Next Generation Firewall Performance
The FortiGate 900D appliance delivers superior performance through a combination of purpose-built FortiASIC™ processors, high port density with 10 GE ports and consolidated security features from the FortiOS™ operating system. It delivers 5 times better next generation firewall performance compared to alternate products and provides the best price/performance in the industry.
Deeper Visibility and Top-rated Security
This breakthrough threat prevention performance allows organizations to run NSS Labs Recommended intrusion prevention and application control and VB100 certified antimalware capabilities for deeper inspection. Rich console views and reports together with a flexible policy engine provide the visibility and control to empower employees yet secure your enterprise.
Finally, these features of the FortiGate FortiOS Network Security Platform are routinely validated by independent real-world tests and are consistently getting superior ratings in security effectiveness.
Features & Benefits
- 5 times faster hardware accelerated next generation firewall offers best-in-class price/performance ratio
- Integrated high port density delivers maximum flexibility and scalability
- NSS Labs Recommended NGFW and NGIPS with consolidated security delivers top-rated protection
- Application control plus identity and device-based policy enforcement provides more granular protection
- Intuitive management interface enables broad and deep visibility that scales from a single FortiGate to thousands
Interfaces 1. USB Management Port 2. USB Ports 3. Console Port 4. 2x GE RJ45 Management Ports 5. 16x GE SFP Slots 6. 16x GE RJ45 Ports 7. 2x 10 GE SFP+ Slots
Fortinet’s new, breakthrough FortiASIC NP6 network processor works inline with FortiOS functions delivering:
- Superior firewall performance for IPv4/IPv6, SCTP and multicast traffic with ultra-low latency down to 3 microseconds
- VPN, CAPWAP and IP tunnel acceleration
- Anomaly-based intrusion prevention, checksum offload and packet defragmentation
- Traffic shaping and priority queuing
The FortiASIC CP8 content processor works outside of the direct flow of traffic, providing high-speed cryptography and content inspection services including:
- Signature-based content inspection acceleration
- Encryption and decryption offloading
10 GE Connectivity
High speed connectivity is essential for network security segmentation. The FortiGate 900D provides 10 GE slots that simplify network designs without relying on additional devices to bridge desired connectivity.
Powered by FortiASICs
- Custom FortiASIC™ processors deliver the power you need to detect malicious content at multi-Gigabit speeds
- Other security technologies cannot protect against today’s wide range of content and connection-based threats because they rely on general-purpose CPUs, causing a dangerous performance gap
- FortiASIC processors provide the performance needed to block emerging threats, meet rigorous third-party certifications, and ensure that your network security solution does not become a network bottleneck
Fortinet FortiGate 900D Specifications Interfaces and Modules Hardware Accelerated 10 GE SFP+ Slots 2 Hardware Accelerated GE SFP Slots 16 Hardware Accelerated GE RJ45 Ports 16 GE RJ45 Management / HA Ports 2 USB Ports (Client / Server) 1 / 2 Console Port 1 Onboard Storage 256 GB Included Transceivers 0 System Performance and Capacity IPv4 Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte, UDP) 52 / 52 / 33 Gbps IPv6 Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 86 byte, UDP) 52 / 52 / 33 Gbps Firewall Latency (64 byte, UDP) 3µs Firewall Throughput (Packet per Second) 49.5 Mpps Concurrent Sessions (TCP) 11 Million New Sessions/Second (TCP) 280,000 Firewall Policies 100,000 IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte) 25 Gbps Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels 2,000 Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels 10,000 SSL-VPN Throughput 3.6 Gbps Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum) 10,000 IPS Throughput 8 Gbps Antivirus Throughput 3.5 Gbps CAPWAP Clear-text Throughput (HTTP) 8 Gbps Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum) 10 / 10 Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel) 1024 / 512 Maximum Number of FortiTokens 1,000 Maximum Number of Registered Endpoints 2,000 High Availability Configurations Active-Active, Active-Passive, Clustering Dimensions and Power Height x Width x Length (inches) 1.74 x 17.22 x 18.24 Height x Width x Length (mm) 44.2 x 437.5 x 463.2 Weight 20.24 lbs (9.18 kg) Form Factor 1 RU AC Power Supply 100–240V AC, 60–50 Hz, 300 W Redundant Power Consumption (Average / Maximum) 135 W / 187.2 W Current (Maximum) 100V/5A, 240V/3A Heat Dissipation 638.75 BTU/h Redundant Power Supplies Yes Operating Environment and Certifications Operating Temperature 32–104°F (0–40°C) Storage Temperature -31–158°F (-35–70°C) Humidity 20–90% non-condensing Operating Altitude Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m) Compliance FCC Part 15 Class A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB Certifications ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN
- Technical Specs
Global UPC 040232123894 Manufacturer Fortinet Supplier No Recommended Users 750 - 1000 VPN Max Throughput (Mbps) No VPN Throughput 5 Gbps - 10 Gbps UTM Throughput More than 5 Gbps Form Factor Rackmount Max Throughput 36 Gbps Max Concurrent Connections 5 Million New Connections / Sec 280,000 Ports Qty No Condition New Renewal No Software Included No Protection Level UTM Optional Firewall Type Wired Firewall Network Interface Speed 10 / 100 Mbps Product Articles RSS No