You're currently on:
SonicWall TZ 105 UTM Firewall Appliance
- Pricing - Buy Now
- After Hours Deployment Service
- Features / Benefits
Small businesses, retail deployments, government organizations, remote sites and branch offices can benefit from the powerful security and business-class performance of the new SonicWall TZ 105. Unlike consumer grade products, this powerful Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewall combines the most effective intrusion prevention, anti-malware and content/URL filtering with the broadest, most secure mobile platform support for laptops, smartphones and tablets. By providing full deep packet inspection (DPI) at very high performance levels, it eliminates the tradeoff between comprehensive security and performance.
Features of SonicWall TZ 105
Tightly integrated, signature-based intrusion prevention scans packet payloads for vulnerabilities and exploits that target critical internal systems.
Automatic Signature Updates
SonicWall's Research Team continuously updates and deploys an extensive list of over 5,400 IPS signatures covering 52 attack categories. These signatures take immediate effect and do not require reboots or any other interruption in service.
Outbound Threat Prevention
The ability to inspect both inbound and outbound traffic ensures that the network will not unwittingly be used in Distributed Denial of Service attacks and will prevent any Command and Control Botnet communication.
Intra-Zone IPS Protection
Intrusion prevention can be deployed between internal security zones to protect sensitive servers and to prevent internal attacks.
IPSec VPN for Site-to-site Connectivity
High-performance IPSec VPN allows the firewall to connect remote branch offices to a central location.
SSL VPN or IPSec Client Remote Access
Utilize clientless SSL VPN technology or an easy-to-manage IPSec client for easy access to email, files, computers, intranet sites and applications from a variety of platforms.
Redundant VPN Gateway
When using multiple WANs, a primary and secondary VPN can be configured to allow seamless automatic failover and failback of all VPN sessions.
The ability to perform dynamic routing over VPN links ensures continuous uptime in the event of a temporary VPN tunnel failure by seamlessly re-routing traffic between endpoints through alternate routes.
SonicWall Clean VPN™ both secures the integrity of VPN access and decontaminates malicious threats before they can enter the corporate network.
Gateway Threat Prevention
SonicWall's patented RFDPI engine scans all ports and protocols for viruses without file size or stream length limitation. SonicLabs Researchers constantly provide updated threat protection, providing faster response times and threat prevention.
Reassembly-Free Deep Packet (RFDPI)
Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection keeps track of malware regardless of the order or inspection timing with which the packets arrive. This allows for extremely low latency while eliminating file and stream size limitations. This provides greater performance and security than outdated proxy designs which reassemble contents using sockets bolted to traditional anti-virus programs and are plagued with inefficiencies and the overhead of memory thrashing leading to high latency, low performance and size limitations.
Cloud Anti-Virus (AV)
Using the built-in RFDI engine, SonicWall can leverage the power of the cloud to provide the most comprehensive set of anti-malware signatures available, while minimizing latency or delay. The SonicWall Cloud Anti-Virus Service provides millions of additional malware signatures for inspection of executable files using the most up-todate information available.
RFDPI can be performed on both inbound and outbound connections to provide protection in all network traffic directions.
24x7 Signature Updates
SonicLabs Research Team team creates and updates signature databases that are propagated automatically to the firewalls in the field, with those signatures taking immediate effect without any reboot or service interruption required.
Firewall and Networking
Stateful Packet Inspection
All network traffic is inspected, analyzed and brought into compliance with firewall access policies.
DOS Attack Protection
SYN Flood protection provides defense against DOS attacks using both layer 3 SYN proxy and layer 2 SYN blacklisting technologies.
Can be deployed in traditional NAT and Layer 2 Bridge modes.
Create routes based on protocol to direct traffic to a preferred WAN connection with the ability to fail back to a secondary WAN in the event of an outage.
Supports Active/Passive failover to ensure increased reliability by protecting against hardware or software faults.
WAN Load Balancing
Load balance up to four WAN interfaces using Round Robin, Spillover or Percentage based methods.
WAN Acceleration decreases latency and increases transfer speeds between remote sites for even higher network efficiency gains.
Guarantee critical communications with 802.1p and DSCP tagging and remapping of VoIP traffic on the network.
DPI of VoIP Traffic
Predefined signatures detect and block VoIP specific threats.
H.323 Gatekeeper and SIP Proxy Support
Block spam calls by requiring that all incoming calls are authorized and authenticated by H.323 gatekeeper or SIP proxy.
Management and Monitoring
An intuitive web-based interface allows quick and convenient configuration in addition to management through SonicWall Global Management System (GMS®), or the CLI.
SNMP provides the ability to protectively monitor and respond to threats and alerts.
Centralized Policy Management
With SonicWall GMS, monitor, configure and report on multiple SonicWall appliances from a single intuitive interface and customize your security environment to suit your individual policies.
Application Intelligence and Control
Identify and control applications or individual components of an application based on RFDPI technology instead of relying on well-known ports and protocols.
Application Bandwidth Management
Allocate bandwidth to critical applications while throttling unproductive application traffic for an efficient and productive network
Custom Application Identification
Create and configure custom application identification based on traffic parameters or on patterns unique to an application in its network communications.
Application Traffic Analytics
Provides organizations with granular insight into application traffic, bandwidth utilization and security in addition to powerful troubleshooting and forensics capabilities. (TZ 215 only)
Application Signature Database
A continuously expanding database of over 3,500 application signatures ensures that administrators are able to control the usage of all the latest applications on their network at a category or individual level.
User Activity Tracking
User identification is seamlessly integrated with Microsoft® Active Directory and other authentication systems enabling tracking and reporting of individual user identification.
SonicWall TZ Series Comparison
*Available with Subscription Service
TZ 105 Series TZ 205 Series TZ 215 Series Firewall OverviewStateful Packet Inspection Firewall Throughput 200 Mbps 500 Mbps 500 MbpsIPS Throughput 60 Mbps 80 Mbps 110 MbpsGAV Throughput 40 Mbps 60 Mbps 70 MbpsVPN Throughput 75 Mbps 100 Mbps 110 MbpsFull DPI (UTM) 25 Mbps 40 Mbps 60 MbpsMaximum UTM/DPI Connections 8,000 12,000 32,000Unlimited File Size Protection HardwareDual Core ProcessorGigabit Ethernet802.11n SupportDual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n Support Security ServicesIntrusion Protection*Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Cloud AV*Content and URL Filtering (CFS)*Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware*Application Intelligence and Control*
- Compare Models
Need Help Choosing?
Call our Firewall Experts!
Use the chart below to compare and find the right TZ Firewall for you.
Deep Packet Inspection Firewall Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall Unlimited File Size Protection Protocols Scanned 50+ 50+ 50+ ICSA Firewall Certified
Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware & IPS Application Firewall - - - Content Filtering Service (CFS) Edition ViewPoint Reporting Dynamic Support 24x7 Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service Enforced Client Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware
Interfaces 5 FE, 1 USB 5 GbE, 1 USB 7 GbE, 2 USB Nodes Supported Unrestricted Unrestricted Unrestricted Included SonicOS Version Enhanced Enhanced Enhanced RAM 256 MB 256 MB 512 MB Flash Memory 32 MB 32 MB 32 MB Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels 5 10 20 Bundled GVC Licenses (Max) 0 (5) 2 (10) 2 (25) Bundled SSL VPN Licenses (Max) 1 (5) 1 (10) 2 (10)
Stateful Throughput 200 Mbps 500 Mbps 500 Mbps UTM Performance 25 Mbps 40 Mbps 60 Mbps Intrusion Prevention Throughput 60 Mbps 80 Mbps 110 Mbps Gateway Anti-Virus Throughput 40 Mbps 60 Mbps 70 Mbps Full DPI (UTM) 25 Mbps 40 Mbps 60 Mbps 3DES/AES VPN Throughput 75 Mbps 100 Mbps 130 Mbps Maximum UTM Connections 8000 12000 32000 Connections 8,000 12,000 48,000
Voice over IP (VoIP) Security Route-based VPN Dynamic Routing 802.11b/g Wireless LAN 802.11n Wireless LAN Layer 2 Wireless Bridging Hardware Failover - WAN Failover Automated Failover & Failback 3G Wireless/ Modem - With USB 3G Adapter/ Modem With USB 3G Adapter/ Modem Object-based Management Policy-based NAT Load Balancing PortShield Security Wireless Mgmt
Pricing - Buy Now
- Buyer's Guide
SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances are best suited when deployed in Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) environments, or in small branch offices of expanded organizations. Having the capability of supporting up to 8000 concurrent connections, and accepting up to 1000 new connections per second, these firewall appliances provide high level of security to the network of 5 to 10 users. SonicWall TZ 105 appliances are capable of performing content filtering, intrusion prevention, etc. SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances also have wireless model that support IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless standard and allow users to access the network through secure Wi-Fi channel using wireless devices such as smartphones, wireless laptops, etc. These appliances also support VoIP and optional Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).
Who Should Buy?
SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances are best for:
- ✓ Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) environments.
- ✓ Branch offices that also have users with wireless devices, and need to connect to the main offices, while staying secured at the same time.
What Purposes It Serves?
SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances are a perfect solution for SOHO and branch offices because they:
- ✓ Are easy to manage, and security administrators can configure the appliances to set up VoIP for reduced calling costs.
- ✓ Prevent the network from intrusions, spyware, malware, and other most commonly known threats.
- Support site-to-site VPN connections for protected remote accesses.
Top Features and Benefits
- VPN Connections – SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances support:
- ✓ VPN Failover
- ✓ Up to 75Mbps of VPN throughput
- ✓ Up to 5 site-to-site VPN tunnels
- ✓ Up to 5 Global VPN clients
- Security – Since SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances are precisely manufactured to work as dedicated hardware firewall systems, they support:
- ✓ Up to 200Mbps stateful firewall throughput
- ✓ Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) (To be purchased additionally)
- ✓ Stateful Packet Inspection
- ✓ Up to 25Mbps Unified Threat Management (UTM) throughput
- ✓ Up to 60Mbps Intrusion Prevention throughput
- ✓ Up to 40Mbps gateway anti-virus throughput
- Single Sign-On (SSO) – SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances support Single Sign-On that allows administrators to integrate the device with Windows Active Directory, which enables users to provide active directory account credentials just once to get authorized throughout the network.
- Wireless Connections – Wireless models of SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances support:
- ✓ IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless standard supporting 2.4 GHz wireless devices.
- ✓ Since Wireless-N is also supported by the appliances, users with wireless devices can experience high Wi-Fi connection speed.
- Hardware Specifications – Hardware specifications of SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances include:
- ✓ 5 x 10/100 copper interfaces
- ✓ 1 USB interface
- ✓ 1 console interface
- ✓ Up to 10 VLANs
- ✓ Support for 1 SonicPoint
- ✓ WAN failover
- ✓ Supports unlimited nodes
- ✓ 256MB RAM
- ✓ 32MB flash memory
- Dynamic Support (8x5) – Subscription for technical support for 8hrs a day and 5 days a week can be purchased for SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances. With this subscription, the appliances become eligible for instantaneous device replacement in case of hardware failure, remote technical assistance by certified security professionals specialized in SonicWall devices, etc. Dynamic Support 8x5 subscription can be purchased for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
- Dynamic Support (24x7) – Subscription for technical support for 24hrs a day and 7 days a week can be purchased for SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances. With this subscription, the appliances become eligible for instantaneous device replacement in case of hardware failure, remote technical assistance by certified security professionals specialized in SonicWall devices, etc. Dynamic Support 24x7 subscription can be purchased for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
- Content Filtering Service – This subscription can be purchased to filter the incoming contents. This service enables security administrators to restrict users’ access to unwanted and inappropriate websites and allow access to only productive and necessary URLs. Content Filtering subscription for SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances can be purchased for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
- Analyzer Reporting Software – This tool when purchased allows security administrators to collect the real-time reports of the network usage and bandwidth consumption. The tool is also capable of storing analyzed data for future references, and generating reports on it when needed.
- Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware (5 Users) – This subscription protects 5 systems (desktop computers and/or laptop PCs) from virus and spyware attacks. This subscription for SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances can be purchased for 1 year, 2 years or 3 years.
- Anti-Spam Desktop (5 Users) – This security tool integrates with MS Outlook and protects the inboxes of up to 5 users from malicious and spam emails.
- SSL VPN Remote Access (5 Users) – This subscription uses NetExtender and allows SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances to establish up to 5 SSL VPN tunnels for secured remote accessing.
- Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite Bundle – This security suite bundle can be purchased at economical prices to get gateway anti-virus, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Application Intelligence and Control, anti-spyware, content filtering and 24x7 dynamic support for SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances all in a single package.
In order to enhance the security of the network, and make the SonicWall TZ 105 firewall appliances work even more efficiently, following subscriptions can be purchased: