You're currently on:
DetailsThe TZ300 offers affordable protection for small businesses that need enterprise-level protection.
Protect your organization with highly effective intrusion prevention, anti-malware, content/URL filtering and application control with the business-grade SonicWall TZ Series Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewalls. Eliminate network bottlenecks and increase productivity while also providing secure access to a broad range of mobile devices, including laptops, smartphones and tablets. Confidently deploy this secure, sophisticated small-business firewall appliance in a wide range of organizations, such as retail, branch/remote offices or home offices. With a SonicWall TZ Series firewall, you can be assured your wired and wireless networks are protected by a secure, sophisticated and widely deployed security platform.
Intrusion prevention, network-based anti-malware with cloud assist, content and URL filtering and anti-spam services
Take advantage of Advanced Gateway Security Suite (AGSS) to deliver a multi-engine sandbox, powerful anti‐virus, anti‐spyware, intrusion prevention, content filtering, as well as application intelligence and control services. Protect your network against known and unknown advanced persistent threats.
Traffic inspection across all ports, without compromising performance
Leverage the TZ Series' patented, Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) technology to examine traffic simultaneously across all ports without introducing latency to your network.
Examine suspicious files in a cloud-based isolated environment
Deploy a cloud-based, multi-engine sandbox for stopping unknown and zero-day attacks at the gateway, with automated remediation. Examine a broad range of file types, program or code in an isolated environment to detect and stop advanced threats.
Native SSL VPN secure mobile access for multiple device platforms
Provide users with easy, network-level access to corporate and academic resources over encrypted SSL VPN connections. SonicWall Mobile Connect is easily downloadable from the Apple App Store, Google Play or the Kindle Store, and is embedded with Windows 8.1 devices.
Multiple zones of controlled access for both wired and wireless users
Implement multiple zones of access for both wired and wireless users, while maintaining total control over who is accessing what on your network. Ensure secure Internet access with our Wireless Network Security solution, which combines UTM with high-speed 802.11ac wireless to encrypt and ensure the integrity of all traffic.
Intuitive ease of use
Ensure bandwidth for critical applications and block unproductive applications. Make security easy for your IT department with the industry's most advanced, object-based management operating system — SonicOS. Thanks to an intuitive interface, you don't have to sacrifice ease of use for power.
SonicWall TZ Series Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewalls deliver high performance and proven best-in-class protection to small businesses with integrated intrusion prevention, anti-malware and content/URL filtering capabilities.
- Full-featured, advanced security
- Deliver full-featured security that combines intrusion prevention, gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware, content filtering and anti-spam services, with intuitive, easy-to-use SonicWall TZ Series firewalls.
- Fast, reliable, enhanced performance
- Examine all wired and wireless traffic for threats, without slowing down your network, using the patented1 SonicWall Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) technology. TZ Series firewalls also ensure bandwidth for critical business applications, while blocking unproductive applications.
- Broad, flexible, remote access
- Provide mobile users with native VPN remote access clients for Apple® iOS, Google® Android, Windows® 8.1, Mac OS® X, Kindle Fire and Linux, via your small-business firewall. This unique client also supports the firewall's capability to decontaminate threats from VPN traffic.
- Easy to deploy, all-in-one solution
- Enjoy the convenience and affordability of deploying your TZ Series appliance as a SonicWall TotalSecure solution. This combines the hardware and all the services needed for comprehensive network protection from viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, key loggers and more — before they enter your network — and without the complexity of building your own security package.
- Wireless network security
- Enable high-speed wireless connectivity at businesses, schools, stores and branch offices with the superior performance and signal quality of 802.11ac*. Use integrated wireless or combine a SonicPoint with an award-winning SonicWall next-generation firewall to create a wireless network security solution that protects wireless traffic from evolving threats.
- Support for a more converged infrastructure
- Ease network security deployment and management with rapidly scalable switch integration. With the integration of the Dell X-Series switch (not available on the SOHO model), more devices can connect to the TZ firewall giving granular security control. These switches support Power over Ethernet (PoE) to support SonicPoint wireless access points, as well as third party devices such as PoE surveillance cameras.
TZ Series Comparison
Operating system SonicOS 22.214.171.124 SonicOS 6.x Security Processor 2x 400 MHz 2x 800 MHz 4x 800 MHz 4x 1 GHz 4x 1.4 GHz Memory (RAM) 512 MB 1 GB 1 GB 1 GB 1 GB 1 GbE SFP interfaces - - - - - 1 GbE Copper interfaces 5 5 7 8 10 100 MbE Copper interfaces - - - - - Expansion USB USB USB USB Expansion Slot
Firewall inspection throughput 300 Mbps 750 Mbps 1,300 Mbps 1,400 Mbps 1,500 Mbps Full DPI throughput 50 Mbps 100 Mbps 300 Mbps 400 Mbps 500 Mbps Application inspection throughput - - 900 Mbps 1,000 Mbps 1,100 Mbps IPS throughput 100 Mbps 300 Mbps 900 Mbps 1,000 Mbps 1,100 Mbps Anti-malware inspection throughput 50 Mbps 100 Mbps 300 Mbps 400 Mbps 500 Mbps IMIX throughput 60 Mbps 200 Mbps 500 Mbps 700 Mbps 900 Mbps SSL Inspection and Decryption throughput (DPI SSL) 15 Mbps 45 Mbps 100 Mbps 150 Mbps 200 Mbps VPN throughput 100 Mbps 300 Mbps 900 Mbps 1,000 Mbps 1,100 Mbps Connections per second 1,800 5,000 6,000 8,000 12,000 Maximum connections (SPI) 25,000 50,000 100,000 125,000 150,000 Maximum connections (DPI) 25,000 50,000 90,000 100,000 125,000 Single Sign-On (SSO) Users 250 500 500 500 500 VLAN interfaces 25 25 50 50 50 SonicPoints supported (Maximum) 16 16 16 16 24
Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels 10 10 20 25 50 IPSec VPN clients (Maximum) 1 (5) 1 (10) 2 (25) 2 (25) 2 (25) SSL VPN licenses (Maximum) 1 (10) 1 (50) 2 (100) 2 (150) 2 (200) Virtual assist bundled (Maximum) - 1 (30-day trial) 1 (30-day trial) 1 (30-day trial) 1 (30-day trial) Encryption/Authentication DES, 3DES, AES (128, 192, 256-bit), MD5, SHA-1, Suite B Cryptography Key exchange Diffie Hellman Groups 1, 2, 5, 14 Route-based VPN RIP, OSPF Certificate support Verisign, Thawte, Cybertrust, RSA Keon, Entrust and Microsoft CA for SonicWall-to-SonicWall VPN, SCEP VPN features Dead Peer Detection, DHCP Over VPN, IPSec NAT Traversal, Redundant VPN Gateway, Route-based VPN Global VPN client platforms supported Microsoft® Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7 32/64-bit, Windows 8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 32/64-bit NetExtender Microsoft Windows Vista 32/64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 8.0 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 32/64-bit, Mac OS X 10.4+, Linux FC3+/Ubuntu 7+/OpenSUSE Mobile Connect Apple® iOS, Mac OS X, Google® Android™, Kindle Fire, Windows 8.1 (Embedded)
Deep Packet Inspection services Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, DPI SSL Content Filtering Service (CFS) HTTP URL, HTTPS IP, keyword and content scanning, ActiveX, Java Applet, and cookie blocking bandwidth management on filtering categories, allow/forbid lists Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware McAfee® Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service Supported Application Intelligence and Control - - Yes Yes Yes
IP address assignment Static, (DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP and PPTP client), Internal DHCP server, DHCP relay NAT modes 1:1, 1:many, many:1, many:many, flexible NAT (overlapping IPs), PAT, transparent mode Routing protocols BGP, OSPF, RIPv1/v2, static routes, policy-based routing, multicast QoS Bandwidth priority, max bandwidth, guaranteed bandwidth, DSCP marking, 802.1e (WMM) Authentication XAUTH/RADIUS, Active Directory, SSO, LDAP, Novell, internal user database, Terminal Services, Citrix Local user database 150 250 VoIP Full H.323v1-5, SIP Standards TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, HTTPS, IPSec, ISAKMP/IKE, SNMP, DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP, RADIUS, IEEE 802.3 Certifications VPNC, IPv6 (Phase 2) Certifications pending Common Criteria NDPP, FIPS 140-2 (with Suite B) Level 2, ICSA Firewall, ICSA Anti-virus, UC APL Common Access Card (CAC) Supported
Form factor Desktop Power Supply (W) 24W external 24W external 24W external 36W external 60W external Maximum power consumption (W) 7.9 6.9 9.2 13.47 16.17 Input power 100 to 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 1 A Total heat dissipation 21.8 BTU 22.3 BTU 28.6 BTU 38.7 BTU 48.3 BTU Dimensions 3.6x14.1x19cm 3.5x13.4x19cm 3.5x13.4x19cm 3.5x15x22.5cm 3.5x18x28cm Weight 0.34 Kg 0.725 Kg 0.725 Kg 0.915 Kg 1.47 Kg WEEE weight 0.8 Kg 1.145 Kg 1.148 Kg 1.338 Kg 1.893 Kg Shipping weight 1.2 Kg 1.373 Kg 1.373 Kg 1.928 Kg 2.483 Kg MTBF (Years) 58.9 56.1 54 40.8 18.4 Environment 40-105° F, 0-40° C Humidity 5-95% non-condensing Major regulatory complance FCC Class A, ICES Class A, CE (EMC, LVD, RoHS), C-Tick, VCCI Class A, MSIP/KCC Class A, UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CB, Mexico CoC by UL, WEEE , REACH, ANATEL, BSMI, GOST-R Regulatory Model APL31-0B9 APL28-0B4 APL28-0B4 APL29-0B6 APL30-0B8
Standards 802.11 a/b/g/n 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Technical Specs
Global UPC 758479017486 Manufacturer SonicWALL Supplier Other Recommended Users 1 - 10 VPN Max Throughput (Mbps) 300 Mbps VPN Throughput 100 Mbps - 500 Mbps UTM Throughput Under 100 Mbps Form Factor Desktop Max Throughput 750 Mbps Max Concurrent Connections 50,000 New Connections / Sec 5000 Ports Qty No Condition New Renewal 01-SSC-0638,01-SSC-0639,01-SSC-0640,01-SSC-0641,01-SSC-0642 Software Included No Protection Level UTM Enabled Firewall Type Wireless Firewall Network Interface Speed No Product Articles RSS No