You're currently on:
These desktop firewalls offer exceptional performance for models in this class and are available with the same broad set of security features as all our other appliances. The following diagrams show typical deployments in this range using both integrated wireless LAN and external access points.
These desktop firewall appliances offer an excellent price-to-performance ratio making them ideal for budget-conscious small businesses or branch offices. They are available with or without integrated wireless LAN, so you can even have an all-in-one network security and hotspot solution without the need for additional hardware. Of course, you can also add external access points. With Intel multi-core technology designed for best performance and efficiency in a small form factor, these models come equipped with 4 GbE copper ports built-in. You can choose between our lower cost BasicGuard subscription; select the software modules of your choice; or choose FullGuard for the full set of security features.
SG 105 /
SG 115 /
Firewall throughput 1.5 Gbps 2.3 Gbps VPN throughput 325 Mbps 425 Mbps IPS throughput 350 Mbps 500 Mbps Antivirus throughput (proxy) 90 Mbps 120 Mbps Concurrent connections 1,000,000 1,000,000 New connections/sec 15,000 20,000 Maximum licensed users unrestricted unrestricted
Wireless Specification (SG 105w and SG 115w only)
No. of antennas 3 external MIMO capabilities 3 x 3:3 Wireless interface 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz)
Hard drive (local quarantine/logs) integrated HDD Ethernet interfaces (fixed) 4 GE copper I/O ports (rear) 2 x USB 2.0
1 x COM (RJ45)
1 x VGAn/a
Power supply External auto ranging DC: 12V, 100-240VAC, 50-60 Hz
With bandwidth requirements constantly increasing, network security appliances need to do more than ever before. The Sophos SG Series appliances are built to provide optimal performance, versatility and efficiency to meet all your security needs.
The Sophos SG Series appliances are designed to provide the optimal balance between performance and protection – for diverse IT environments. Whether you need a solution for a small remote office, want to protect your school campus, or are a global organization requiring high-availability and enterprise-grade features, our SG Series appliances are an ideal fit.
Appliances to suit every environment Our broad product line-up makes it easier for you to choose the right appliance. A higher model number indicates higher throughput and an increased number of ports or connectivity options.
And as every software subscription is available on every appliance, you can flexibly size the solution to fit your budget and your individual security needs. Next-generation firewall features or all-in-one security on a single box, it's your choice.
Proven performance on all models Our appliances are built upon the most advanced Intel technology. Optimized use of multi-core processors allows consolidation of your security solutions without a performance trade-off.
With faster than ever firewall, IPS and VPN throughput, our SG Series appliances effortlessly handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Plus, you can easily scale up by dynamically clustering up to 10 units without external load balancers.
Technology built to process data in real-time Your network is constantly changing so your protection needs to be adaptive. All our appliances have integrated high-speed hard drives (in many cases SSDs) for local storage of spam quarantine data and faster access to comprehensive reports and real-time logs.
Accelerated in-memory content scanning in secure proxy mode makes your defenses more effective and efficient.
Engineered for business – today and tomorrow Using the latest Intel technology, our products provide the maximum in flexibility to add to your protection as you need it - without changing or upgrading your hardware. So you benefit from future software and performance enhancements which guarantee the best possible value for your money. Our SG 450 offers unmatched enterprise-grade features for high-availability on a 1U rack-mountable appliance.
Flexible configuration options on many models Configure your hardware to suit your infrastructure, even when that changes. Our optional FleXi Port LAN modules give you the freedom to select the connectivity you need – copper, fiber, 10GbE – you decide.
And because they're fully interchangeable between the mid-range models, if you do choose to upgrade to a larger appliance, you simply swap your old appliance's module to the new one.
The Sophos SG Series appliances offer many features that make your network protection easier to manage and simpler to deploy.
Intel technology inside
- Our hardware uses the latest Intel technology to provide the best performance and ensure the optimal use of resources.
- By using standard Intel technology rather than customized hardware chips, our appliances are easy to upgrade and benefit from future software enhancements. That gives you greater flexibility and value for your money.
- Solid State Drives, or SSDs, provide faster data storage without the performance impact of rotating drives. Whether you're scanning large volumes of emails, or generating highly complex reports, they allow you to get more done faster.
- As there are no moving parts, they provide a reliable highcapacity solution for your network with all functionality on the box, rather than requiring a separate appliance.
FleXi Ports – customize your connectivity
- FleXi Port modules let you tailor your security appliance to fit your network connectivity needs.
- On our SG 2xx, 3xx and 4xx appliances, you can select additional modules with copper and 1/10 GbE fiber interfaces to easily expand and upgrade your hardware.
- They're fully interchangeable between models, so if your business grows and you upgrade, you can simply take the module you've already purchased and slot it into your new appliance – for example, going from an SG 210 to an SG 330.
LCD Display – everything in view
- The multi-function LCD display allows you to quickly check the status and do basic administrative tasks directly on the appliance.
- You can directly connect a monitor using the built-in VGA port.
Unrivalled performance, unmatched flexibility
- All of these appliances provide outstanding performance guaranteed to minimize latency on your network.
- Engineered to effortlessly handle multi-layered security, you get best-of-breed throughput unrivalled in this 1U class.
- Over 10 Gbit/sec firewall throughput on every model.
- Configure your chosen appliance with the connectivity you need using our FleXi Port modules. With options for copper and 1/10 GbE fiber interfaces, you can select the module that suits your requirements. All modules are fully interchangeable between appliances in this range
Compare Sophos SG Series
Form Factor Maximum Network Ports (GE) WiFi Storage (GB) RAM (GB) Swappable Components Firewall (Mbps) VPN (Mbps) IPS (Mbps) AV
desktop 4 optional with 802.11 a/b/g/n 320 2 n/a 1,500 325 350 90 desktop 4 optional with 802.11 a/b/g/n 320 4 n/a 2300 425 500 120 desktop 8 optional with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 320 4 n/a 3100 500 750 200 desktop 8 optional with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 320 6 n/a 6000 1000 1500 350 1U 14 (6 + 1 module) n/a 120 GB SSD 8 n/a 11000 1000 2000 500 1U 14 (6 + 1 module) n/a 120 GB SSD 8 n/a 13000 2000 3000 800 1U 18 (8 + 2SFP + 1 module) n/a 180 GB SSD 12 n/a 17000 3000 5000 1200 1U 18 (8 + 2SFP + 1 module)
180 GB SSD
n/a 20000 4000 6000 1500 1U 24 (8 + 2 modules) n/a 240 GB SSD 16 n/a 25000 4000 7000 2000 1U 24 (8 + 2 modules) n/a 2*240 GB SSD (RAID-1) 16 opt. Power 27000 5000 8000 2500 2U 24 (8 + 2 modules) n/a 2*300 GB SSD (RAID-1) 24 Power, SSD 40000 8000 12000 3500 2U 32 (8 + 3 modules) n/a 2*480 GB SSD (RAID-1) 48 Power, SSD 60000 10000 16000 5000
Sophos Full Guard Bundle include the operating system and all security applications within a single software image. While offering the same capabilities as the hardware platform, they can be easily installed on your hardware of choice - max deployment flexibility.
UTM Network Protection stops sophisticated attacks that a firewall alone can't stop.
- Configurable intrusion protection system and flood protection against denial of service attacks
- Sophos RED, IPsec and SSL tunnels provide flexible site-to-site and remote-access VPN connections
UTM Email Protection stops spam and viruses and keeps sensitive data safe.
- Let users manage their spam quarantine and search a personalized mail log
- Keep infected emails out of your mailbox and protect confidential emails against illegitimate access.
UTM Web Protection lets you protect your employees from web threats and control their time online.
- Limit use of unwanted applications while giving priority to business critical resources
- Create dynamic reports on the fly to check if your policy is working and make adjustments
UTM Webserver Protection hardens web servers and apps ensuring compliance with a web application firewall.
- Protect personally identifiable information like credit card and social security numbers
- Inspects information submitted via forms on your websites to prevent server exploits
UTM Wireless Protection gives you secure Wi-Fi in minutes.
- Centrally manage access points through the UTM's built-in wireless controller
- Easily set up wireless hotspots and grant guest access with a simple voucher-based system
- Technical Specs
Global UPC N/A Manufacturer Sophos Supplier DTT Recommended Users 10 - 25 VPN Max Throughput (Mbps) 425 VPN Throughput 100 Mbps - 500 Mbps UTM Throughput 100 Mbps - 500 Mbps Form Factor Desktop Max Throughput 2300 Max Concurrent Connections 1,000,000 New Connections / Sec 20,000 Ports Qty No Condition New Renewal FG1B1CTAA,FG1B2CTAA,FG1B3CTAA Software Included No Protection Level UTM Enabled Firewall Type Wireless Firewall Network Interface Speed 1 Gigabit Product Articles RSS No