You're currently on:
The SonicWALL® WAN Acceleration Virtual Appliance (WXA) 5000 reduces application latency and conserves bandwidth, significantly enhancing WAN application performance and user experience for small- to medium-sized organizations just as traditional SonicWALL WXA hardware solutions do. But with a hardened, performance-optimized virtual server, integration is simplified, administration is eased, and costs are lowered even further. Unlike standalone acceleration products, the SonicWALL WXA 5000 seamlessly integrates with SonicWALL E-Class Network Security Appliance (NSA), NSA and TZ Series Unified Threat Management (NGFW) Firewall solutions to offer the unique combined benefit of both prioritizing and minimizing application traffic between sites, resulting in optimal network performance.
WXA 5000 Virtual Appliance features.
The WXA 5000 virtual appliance improves application performance through innovative WAN acceleration and optimization technology, while reducing capital costs through virtualization.
A pre-configured virtual machine has no professional service fees or hidden costs. By running multiple operating systems and applications on a single computer, businesses can consolidate resources and reduce expenses.
Easy migration and management.
Deployment costs are minimized since administrators can simply move a snapshot of a virtual environment to new physical server infrastructure. Ongoing support is also simplified. Each virtual appliance is designed for up to 120 users.
A hardened OS prohibits users from tampering with the underlying integrity of the virtual appliances. The performance-optimized architecture activates only necessary processes.
The WXA 5000 remembers data that has been transferred previously, and through data de-duplication, replaces repeated byte sequences with an identifier to reduce application latency and conserve bandwidth.
Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
By improving the efficiency and overall utilization of existing WAN bandwidth, the WXA 5000 helps businesses avoid incurring higher monthly expenses to increase WAN bandwidth capacity.
The SonicWALL® WAN Acceleration Appliance (WXA) Series reduces application latency and conserves bandwidth, significantly enhancing WAN application performance and user experience for small- to medium-sized organizations with remote and branch offices. After initial data transfer, the WXA Series dramatically reduces all subsequent traffic by transmitting only new or changed data across the network. The WXA de-duplicates data traversing the WAN, thus reducing application latency and conserving bandwidth. Other acceleration features include data caching, metadata caching and data-in-flight compression.
The WXA Series is comprised of the WXA 500 Live CD, WXA 2000 and WXA 4000 hardware appliances, and WXA 5000 Virtual Appliance. Unlike standalone WAN acceleration products, WXA solutions are integrated add-ons to SonicWALL E-Class Network Security Appliance (NSA), NSA and TZ Series appliances that are deployed as Next-Generation Firewalls. This integrated solution streamlines the placement, deployment, configuration, routing, management and integration of WXA with other components, such as VPNs. When deployed in conjunction with SonicWALL Application Intelligence and Control Service, the WXA offers the unique combined benefit of both prioritizing application traffic (using QoS or bandwidth management) and minimizing traffic between sites, resulting in optimal network performance.
Features & Benefits:
- » Simplified deployment through complete provisioning and configuration by a SonicWALL firewall drastically reduces the complexity of deploying, routing and integrating multiple WXA appliances across the network.
- » Increased security using SonicWALL Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection™ technology provides an additional layer of security by scanning all traffic and data for threats before sending it to the WAN acceleration appliance.
- » Protocol optimization provides LAN-like application performance for users accessing resources over the WAN by decreasing the latency and chattiness presented by inefficient protocols or application communication.
- » Byte caching and file caching reduce bandwidth consumption by orders of magnitude, extending the life of existing WAN links and providing a better user experience.
- » Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) arrives through increased efficiency and overall utilization of existing WAN bandwidth, which in turn avoids costly and unnecessary WAN upgrades.
- » Data compression across the WAN increases performance and reduces latency.
- » Windows File Sharing (WFS) acceleration helps improve response times while decreasing the amount of data transferred when downloading or accessing files from a shared drive.
- » Visualization delivers real-time insight into the performance gains obtained by introducing WAN acceleration into the network.
SonicWALL WXA Model Comparison
PlatformHardware ApplianceHardware ApplianceVirtual Appliance (VMWare)Software/CD Maximum Users240120Approximately 120 Users with 600 Flows20 Maximum Flows1200600Approximately 120 Users with 600 Flows100
Byte Caching ProtocolsSMB, CIFS, FTP, HTTP, TCP TCP/File Compression WFS AccelerationYes ManagementRequires SonicOS 5.8.1 or later TCP/File Compression WFS Acceleration SNMP Syslog ManagementSSH, GUI
FormHardened SonicWALL Linux OS Rack-mount Chassis1 RU1 RUn/an/a CPUIntel Dual Core 2.0GHzIntel 2.0GHzn/an/a RAM4 GB2 GBn/an/a Hard Drive2x250 GB2x250 GBn/an/a Redundant Disk Array (RAID)RAID 1n/an/a Dimensions17.0 x 16.4 x 1.7 in (43.18 x 41.59 x 4.44 cm)17.0 x 16.4 x 1.7 in (43.18 x 41.59 x 4.44 cm)n/a n/a Weight16 lbs/7.26 kg16 lbs/7.26 kgn/an/a WEEE Weight16 lbs/7.37 kg16 lbs/7.37 kgn/an/a Power Consumption (Watts)10186n/an/a BTUs344293n/an/a MTBF (Years)14.714.7n/an/a
- Technical Specs
Global UPC 758479094449 Manufacturer SonicWALL Supplier Other