You're currently on:
Next-generation advanced threat defense made simple
Sophos Sandstorm is an advanced persistent threat (APT) and zero-day malware defense solution that complements Sophos security products. It quickly and accurately detects, blocks, and responds to evasive threats that other solutions miss, by using powerful, cloud-based, next-generation sandbox technology
Advanced protection from targeted attacksKeep unknown data-stealing malware off your network. Powerful, cloud-based, next-generation sandbox technology means you quickly and accurately detect, block, and respond to APTs and zero-day threats
We keep it simpleSophos Sandstorm is fully integrated into your Sophos security solution. Simply update your subscription, apply the Sandstorm policy and you're protected instantly against targeted attacks. You'll be up and running in minutes.
Block evasive threats that others don't seeDetect unknown threats specifically designed to evade first-generation sandbox appliances. Our full-system emulation approach provides the deepest level of visibility into the behavior of unknown malware and the detection of malicious attacks that others simply miss.
Deep forensic reportingAccelerate response to advanced threats with simple incident-centric breach analysis. We provide you with prioritized APT intelligence by correlating the evidence. This approach both reduces noise and saves you time.
Comprehensive analysisDetermine potential threat behavior across all your end user devices and critical infrastructure. This includes your operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, and Android); physical and virtual hosts; services; users; network infrastructure; and web, email, file, and mobile applications. Safely detonate threats in the Sandstorm cloud, isolating your datacenters from dangerous malware.
Lightning performanceYour Sophos security solution accurately pre-filters traffic, so only suspicious files are submitted to Sandstorm, ensuring minimal latency and end user impact.
Sophos Sandstorm Features
- Full integration into your Sophos security solution dashboard
- Inspects executables and documents containing executable content
- Windows executables (including .exe, .com, and .dll)
- Word documents (including .doc, .docx, docm and .rtf)
- PDF documents
- Archives containing any of the file types listed above (ZIP, BZIP, GZIP, RAR, TAR, LHA/LZH, 7Z, Microsoft Cabinet)
- Supports more than 20 file types
- Dynamic malware behavior analysis runs files in real environments
- In-depth malicious file reports and dashboard file release capability
How it Works
- The Sophos security solution scans files against all conventional security checks (e.g., anti-malware signatures, bad URLs, etc.). If the file is executable or has executable content and is not downloaded from a safe website, the file is treated as suspicious. The Sophos security solution sends the suspicious file hash to Sophos Sandstorm to determine if it has been previously analyzed.
- If the file hash has been previously analyzed, Sophos Sandstorm passes the threat intelligence to the Sophos security solution. Here, the file is delivered to the user’s device or blocked, depending on the information provided by Sophos Sandstorm
- If the hash has not been seen before, a copy of the suspicious file is sent to Sophos Sandstorm. Here, the file is detonated and its behavior is monitored. Once fully analyzed, Sophos Sandstorm passes the threat intelligence to the Sophos security solution. Again, the file is delivered to the user’s device or blocked, depending on the information provided by Sophos Sandstorm.
- The Sophos security solution uses the detailed intelligence supplied by Sophos Sandstorm to create deep forensic reports on each threat incident.
- Technical Specs
Manufacturer Sophos Subscription Service Sandstorm (New) Subscription Service Sandstorm (New) Supplier Other